It’s important to get the bills paid on time. Not only do the late fees kill you, but it can be damaging to your credit, too. When your credit score drops, the cost of all future borrowing goes up too.
Not to worry! You can get organized and successfully pay your bills on time.
- Open your bills as soon as they arrive
- Open your bills and check for mistakes.
- If something doesn’t look right, inquire as soon as possible.
- Put all the opened bills in the same place.
- Find a place that’s just for your bills.
- Keep them out in the open where you can see them and won’t forget about them
- Designate one day a week to pay your bills.
- Every Monday night , for example, sit down and pay all the bills that are due in the next 2 weeks. That way you’ll always be on time.
- If you need to, have your bill due dates changed.
- In most cases, the companies involved are happy to change your due date to something more convenient for you.
- Set up auto-pay.
- If you know you’ll have the money when the payment comes due, having them paid automatically takes all the responsibility off your shoulders.
- Make a master schedule.
- You’ll know at a glance if a bill is misplaced.
- It gives you one place to look if you’re wondering when something is due.
Getting all the bills paid on time is really quite easy with an organized system. Keep all your bills together and have a specific day to sit down and pay them.
You can be financially responsible, avoid late fees, and improve your credit score.
Get started today.